This section is a meta-discussion of the the Ad Astra project. It
describes our plans for the game, its history, reasons for doing things
in certain ways and so on.
- The Beginning
- There is no hard sf role-playing game on the market that meets
our very high standards, and so we set out to write one.
- Ad Astra is different in scale and flavour to every other
science fiction game, and will be very hard sf. To gain some idea of
the atmosphere of the game, this section lists some books which have
provided an inspiration for out vision of the future.
- The Website
- The Ad Astra website is the most effective means of providing
information on the current state of the game.
- Book Contents
- Ad Astra will be presented as a series of five books. The first
will the base description of the game. Books Two, Three, Four and five
will present the Sol, Persephone, Archipelago and Galaxy campaigns. There
may be additional books of technical reference and further background.
- Sol Campaign
- The first campaign Dreams and Visions serves to introduce
the background of Sol System, and start many trains of events that will
play out in later campaigns.
- Persephone Campaign
- The second campaign, will be about the colonization of Persephone, one
of the most unusual worlds in Human space and home of the Xiekantra.
- Archipelago Campaign
- This campaign, The Tears of Kali is where things really start to
happen. We already know the plot for each episode, but we don't want to
give anything away!
- Vehicle Design Sequence
- The Galaxy
The future of Ad Astra